If you suffer from chronic headaches, you are well aware of the disruption this can cause in your daily life. Trying to work or socialize while experiencing a headache can be quite difficult. Migraines can make these activities virtually impossible.
The majority of those suffering from chronic headaches report that they are unable to lead a normal life. Migraine and tension headaches disrupt their work, social, and family life.
A single debilitating headache can steal many valuable hours away from a day. After unsuccessfully trying several of the headache medications available, some chronic sufferers may simply give up. Before doing this, they might want to try Fioricet. It may just be the answer they have been seeking.
Fioricet can easily be bought online or at your local pharmacy, but you will need to obtain a prescription from a physician first. Most doctors are aware of the benefits of Fioricet and will readily provide a prescription for those suffering from migraines and tension headaches.
The three active ingredients in Fioricet work together to relieve migraines and tension headaches. Fioricet is unique in that it includes acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine. While acetaminophen may be found in over the counter medicines, its combination with the other two ingredients is what makes Fioricet truly effective.
Butalbital is a barbiturate, which creates a sense of relaxation in the body. Caffeine further alleviates tension headaches by reducing the flow of blood to the brain. The combination of these three ingredients have provided immense relief to many chronic headache sufferers.
Fioricet comes in capsule and tablet form and is usually taken every four hours as needed. It is advised not to take more than six capsules in a day. Be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions carefully. If you feel that you are in need of a larger dose, consult your doctor first.
The butalbital in Fioricet tends to make people drowsy. It is important to stay away from driving or using heavy machinery after a dose. As with any medication, take care when using Fioricet. With the assistance of your physician, Fioricet can be taken safely, often with excellent results.
If you are interested in learning more about Fioricet, your doctor or pharmacist will be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Your physician will determine if Fioricet is a viable solution for your chronic headaches.
How fioricet works ?
- Fioricet is a combination pain-reliever (analgesic) containing acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine.
- Experts aren’t sure exactly how acetaminophen works, but suspect it blocks a specific type of cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzyme, located mainly in the brain.
- Butalbital belongs to the class of medicines called barbiturates. When used for pain due to tension headaches experts believe it works by relaxing muscle contractions and causing sedation via an enhancement of the inhibitory effects of GABA (a neurotransmitter that regulates communication between brain cells).
- Caffeine is thought to enhance the pain-relieving effects of acetaminophen by up to 40%. In addition, it has vasoconstrictive properties, narrowing blood vessels in the brain thereby decreasing blood flow and oxygen tension (before a headache or a migraine, blood vessels tend to enlarge). This also helps to relieve pain.
- Fioricet belongs to the class of medicines known as barbiturates because it contains butalbital. It may also be called a combination analgesic.